Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chicken Vendor

Took a photo of this old lady selling chickens in the market of Baguio during our trip early last year.
I had no intention of using her as a subject for my next painting project, but after a few months of scrolling for pictures, I stumbled upon this photo one more time.


I've never used people as subject before. It disheartens me since I really don't know how to sketch a person let alone paint them. But this really challenged me, I've got nothing to lose anyway.

12" x 19", Medium: Acrylic
































I think I made her hand a tad bit dark. :P

It took me about 6 months to finish this, but there was a lot of procrastination and self-intimidation in between.

2 comments:

jyothisethu said...

beautiful work...
well detailed...
congratulations

camillezafraart said...

thank you! this is one of my favorite. :)